Wednesday, October 11, 2017

The return to blog life...

And so I'm back! 7 years, 4 months and 7 days since my last post, and multiple tours-of-duty later I finally manage to get to my blog. A LOT of water has passed by under the bridge.

Watched friends get married, have kids, move house, take new jobs even. Have had a lot of travelling while sailing too. Was lucky to get onboard a container feeder vessel doing the U.S. east coast and the Caribbean which allowed me to explore quite a bit of the much touted Carib culture. Another time I'd been ashore in Brasil for close to a fortnight waiting for my ship to berth so I could get on it. Had my ship involved in a collision with another on one occassion and on another occassion a different ship I was on had a grounding incident while exiting a river passage. Seven years is a long time with a plethora of tales. Let's see what I can put down from here on.

Currently I've been ashore for an extended period of time trying to clear my exams and get my next higher license. And given the amount of time I've had on my hands I can only attribute it to sheer laziness that I haven't gotten back to this blog.

Time and tide wait for no man, so here's to trying to get this blog back up and running.

In the words of the ever immortal Cap'n Jack Sparrow... 'Now - bring me that horizon'.

No comments: