Thursday, April 19, 2007

Finals come and go... and I'm not around...

man! tumultuous past few days... tango finals came and went... and I never made it to the hall on the final day. Let's see, practices were on full swing... 3 days in a row... we worked hard on our dance. On the day of the finals... me and my partner met outside in the morning... discussed the sequence properly.. went to the cybercafe to check out a dance video on the song we were supposed to dance on... i forgot the name of the song, it's the tango dance sequence from 'Scent of a woman'. She was like completely excited about the song and all... and so we decided to meet a couple of hours earlier in the evening and have a final practice before the final dance.
I went home, felt a little tired and lay down and BAM! all of a sudden I'm burning up with this fever and a headache banging around my head like a jackhammer! I decide to give it sometime and do a recheck on my health by 1600 hours. 1600hours and i'm no good. Called her up and said I wouldn't be able to make it. She was upset. I could feel it in her voice. She kept saying it was ok and that I should just make sure I get better soon. I felt real bad about letting her down... but I could barely talk by then... had to cut the call.
In the end... we spoke a few days later... no hard feelings. She was upset about not being able to perform but yeah... nothing that could have been done.
Jive has started since then... She joined it.. she's got another partner since i cannot go for jive. Me is currently in mumbai doing a few courses which would take me about 3 weeks. By the time I get back jive will be almost over. She was a lil mad at me for not coming for jive. But yeah... things have worked out fine.
Fine for her... jive is fun. For me? BORED TO DEATH! THIS PLACE IS A HELLHOLE! Cellphone range is minimal.... nothing to do. Classes are BORING! And today is just my second day! SAD... looks like a long long 3 weeks ahead.
Oh yeah, hate all this nonsense going on about culture being attacked by the actions of Richard Gere and Shilpa Shetty. Kudos to Shilpa Shetty for coming out the way she did and taking on the opposition. Loved her style.

1 comment:

ss said...

So u in mumbai now... thats good... me jus busy with work and watching movies otherwise life is all dull.... and also i've got cold now... hope u're fine :o)