Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Aaaah... what a weekend!

Busy busy busy... back from an Easter-fun-filled-weekend at Bangalore! Man! was it fun or was it fun! Caught up with a few cousins who had come down from UK... one of whom I don't remember ever seeing before... while the other two... lets just say I last saw them over a decade ago.
Also finally managed to catch up with some of my pals who are working in Bangalore... been 2 years since I last caught a glimpse of them. Damn it was fun!
Then again I've noticed myself tending to boil over quite easily these days when I get pissed off with someone. A rickshaw driver got the brunt of my verbal volleys when he decided to act smart on charging the fare... and then today.. this smart aleck on a scooter waits till I come near a junction on the road to decide that he wants to cross the road at that moment. Swerved and avoided him but he decides that he was correct and asks me if i'm gone mad (in konkani of course). That did it for me. I'm on the main road, that chap was on a side lane... he has to check the traffic before crossing... and he has the audacity to ask me if i'm gone mad? Gave him a good dose... and quite loudly too I might add coz I had stopped a few metres away from him. Damn was I furious! I mean I found it absolutely incredulous that this guy had the nerve to stop and accuse me, when he didn't check the traffic and just blindly rode across the road.
Dance finals for Tango tomorrow. Suman's claiming she's nervous. I am too. I mean I was nervous for salsa but then again for salsa I could do any step and Lily could follow by my hand signals. Here... We haven't got hand signals... we literally talk and tell each other what steps we're doing next. We haven't got the sequence in order!!! Well it's gonna be a long night tonight. Sit, sequence the steps... oh yeah, most important, CHOOSE A SONG.
And lemme see... what's been pissing me off today... oh yeah... before the euphoria of the courts sentencing a serving politician to jail for breaking the seals on sealed shops in Delhi could even sink in... now we have a social activist coming to the forefront to file a case against Sachin Tendulkar for cutting a cake in the shape and colour of the Indian flag ???
Damn! Don't people have anything better to do? So what if he cut a cake in the shape and colour of the Indian flag??? You call that disrespecting the Tricolour? PUHLEEZ! Go save your protests for the innumerable tricolour flags that are thrown away and trodden upon after the end of EVERY Republic Day and Independence Day event. In that case... we need to file cases against every sports fan who puts the tricolour on their cheek coz they haven't put the chakra on the flag and hence have desecrated it (p.s. for the uninitiated, note the sarcasm) Desecrating the National flag... I still find it offensive that we can't put the image of the national flag where we desire... I believe the sports players (and i'm not talking about just cricketers) had to ask for permission to put the national flag on their helmets and even after that they were denied the opportunity to do so. What a load of crap! It's funny the system even entertains such cases.

3 comments:

anN-series said...

how come shilpa shettys kissing episode or the minute by minute analysis of the bacchan-rai didnt feature on the list

anN-series said...

and yes all the best for the tango

Mariner said...

well one of the reasons for the above would be that the above mentioned events hadn't occurred at teh time of writing the article...
oh by the way... i'll blog in on the tango finals... i never made it on the day. damn! i still hate myself for it...