Friday, December 12, 2008

Moving forward?

Wow! It feels like AGES since I've been back and I've ALWAYS been thinking to myself that I need to blog about my travels and experiences, about a real pain-in-the-neck Captain, back-breaking hours ...

But all that was forgotten when I was in Kerala the weekend that the terror attack was carried out in Bombay. T'was in a panic that I tried calling up people who I knew were in and about V.T. Most were fortunate. They were in their respective hotels which weren't in the terror zone. Others... well, at first I couldn't get through them. The next day I found out they were at V.T. station and were caught in the firing. God bless their souls. I wanted to say so much more but ...

There has been immense fury at the complete apathy towards the situation and the insensitivity of the politicians while trying to push themselves as the good for the people.

Yesterday, for once, there was a united front expressed by our politicians at the Lok Sabha session. Will it last? Time will tell.

Been trying to follow what I could on the blog front concerning the attacks and the feedback from the 'aam aadmi'.

I liked what I saw on the 'Rebuild India' Mission. Will it last? I don't know. It's a start. I'm following it up regularly. Recommendations and opinions were collected from a lot of bloggers. They've now moved to an online survey which is intensive as it is thought-provoking.
'Rebuild India' Online Survey is an interesting move and I would request all those who care to just give it a go. It might just see the light of day.

3 comments:

A said...

It will last and will definitely see the light of the day :) we need the support of bloggers like you.

Do contribute your suggestions to us.

Regards,
Anjuli
Core Executive Team
The 'Rebuild India' Mission

A said...

by the way, do join the Rebuild India community on orkut.

here:

http://www.orkut.co.in/Main#Community.aspx?rl=cpn&cmm=57915478

Mariner said...

I already am a member of the group :)