Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Desperately awaiting boarding call

Well well... even though I cleared my U.S. visa interview on the 15th of february and the american behind the counter told me they were sending the visa to the office... I still had worries that it had to reach the office. AND IT HAS! I GOT MY C1/D visa for the next 5 years!!!
And to think my interview took less than a minute... 5 queries... that's all... no name.. no parents names... just :
Why do you want to join the merchant navy?
Do you have any sailing experience?
What are your qualifications?
Where did you do your B.E. mechanical and can I see the degree certificate?
How many generators are there on a ship?
Do you have ANY sailing experience? (question was repeated by him)

And that was all it took to get the VISA!!!
SHIP LIFE! HERE I COME!
Oh yeah... can't board ship this month... boarding next month. If I was to board this month with the 3rd engineer... I would be boarding in Karachi, Pakistan. Looks like I'm boarding next month... might be with the Chief Engineer but I have no idea where.

P.S. Ship is GIOVANNI DELLA GATTA. Italian Flag. Gearless Bulk Carrier. 1987 built ship. Port of registration: Torre Del Greco.

1 comment:

Tarun said...

Hey good going.You take care and i hope u find time to update your post.Will u have net access on the ship?
A suggestion get a digital camera.It will be handy to post some pictures as well.
Thanx for coming in Bon Voyage.