Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Home sweet home?

0745 hrs. That's the time I stepped into my house today morning after weeks of suffering (?) in far-away mumbai. If, you can call visits to the malls, movie theatres, shopping and art galleries suffering that is.
Once the courses in good ol' T.S. Rehaman were done and over with, I had decided to report to my company for some documentation work to be completed. Now, I'm in mumbai on a friday evening and I was planning to visit the company only on monday. No problemo! Call up a gool ol' pal in mumbai and back to our favourite haunt INORBIT, Malad! I loved visiting Marine Drive on my previous visits to mumbai, but with the construction work on there I didn't think it would be a nice place for now. Caught up with SPIDEY 3 that day. Just released the previous day so was actually surprised to get tickets. Fun.
Weekend blew by and got my company work done on monday itself. That's when news percolates in that the booking dates for the june exams have been declared and they start on thursday. Great. Now I need to wait till thursday? No problem! Call up other friends and make plans to meet up. For some reason... a seafarer's 'exploits' on international shores make for very good conversation (that being said, it is to be understood that this happens when there's NOTHING else to talk about). Define 'exploits'? To some, it has a sexual inuendo. To others, just plain sightseeing and shopping on international shores.
All said and done... taking a walk about the area you live in can reveal quite a bit. I learnt that about CST a few years ago when I used to go for walks all day long. Stumbled upon cool musuems, galleries and what not. I also tend to catch up on some movies if I find an interesting one on, even if I'm alone. Went for Mr. Bean's Holiday. Lovable humour. You gotta love the movie. And 2 days ago, I caught this french movie at Sterling, Paris Je T'aime (Paris I love you??? dunno) 20 different love stories set in Paris and shot by 20 different directors. Some of the stories were FANTASTIC. yeah, it was in french, but it had subtitles and I loved it. Of course, a couple of them I found a little odd. One of them being the love story between 2 vampires (?). But overall, classic piece.
Before that of course was the booking for the exams which took 2 whole days... I won't comment more. Last thing I need is for one of the staff to be blog savvy and stumble upon my ramblings... goodness me! That would be the end of my sailing... or rather a long delay to my sailing(!).
All done. Got the bus. Luxury bus. Rs. 550! A volvo was going for Rs. 1300! Cramped ourselves into the bus and got here. Stiff knees not withstanding, a decent journey.
And tomorrow, I shall open a book. Tomorrow I shall begin to expedite my studies...
uhhh don't think that last line made sense... basic point... I GOTTA STUDY.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

enjoyed reading your posts. :)

Anonymous said...

Heyy you forgot to mention about girls shopping habits... or is that going to be a new post...