Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Emotions during training...

Two poems written during my pre-sea training course for marine engineering...
The first was written when I was on duty! Was bored when I was on my first Quartermaster duty for the evening.

It's a confused mind running through my head,
The want to crib, grumble and mess up my bed,
But rules are what keep us going out here,
With duties and fall-ins dressed in full gear,
With no time to idle away,
Sleep does arrive as an uninvited guest,
Welcome on most days, but uninvited when submissions are due,
'Work without sleep' seems to be our upcoming life's quest.

This second one I wrote for reasons unknown to me... felt like writing something... just flowed out at that moment...

Emptiness, a sudden blackout,
Darkness is all I see,
For my mind seems so sober,
To explain, I am at a loss for words.
The yearn to talk and to confide,
To freely express my thoughts,
But that someone isn't always around,
Leaving my thoughts to dust and moths.

No comments: