Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Rahul Dravid is NOT a role model... just entertainment!

Been wanting to blog for a few days now.... time has conspired against me. On friday night I came across an online article in while a political leader addressing a youth rally spoke about how Rahul Dravid and Sourav Ganguly were NOT role models and were just "sources of entertainment". He went on to add that during the freedon struggle the primary kids knew the names of freedom fighters while today's youth dont know even that. That wound me up real good. I wanted to come online and take this guy apart limb to limb for EVERY word in his article. I found his talk to be sad, sorry and not worthy of even printing out. Unfortunately blogspot was undergoing some maintenance or had a server in trouble coz I was denied access to my blog and it went on for over 90 minutes. So then I decide to post it over the weekend. Do I? No. Why? The internet account conks out and keeps putting up a message "invalid unsername and/or password". Weekend right? Can't get out to get the account up and running. Yesterday I was busy... so here I am today with the account all up and running. The article which was on rediff is not available right now. I have tried looking through the archives... looks like I might have to look a little harder coz I can't seem to find it. What was the politician's problem defies logic to the core. I f one were to look at Rahul Dravid... to me he would come across as a perfect role model as one who is dedicated, disciplined and a person who is not averse to out-of-the-box thinking whilst making sure every option has been explored. To a person like that... we have politicians who, by the way have been ever so highly presentable as role models (note the ever so extra coating of syrupy sarcasm), convey their displeasure over the "entertainment" people being made role models. This politician is talking about patriotism when his party leaders, a year or 2 ago, were on a stage singing the National Anthem, and THEY FORGOT THE WORDS! The media following the event had to sing along with them to avoid the embarassment. THEY TALK OF PATRIOTISM. Why dont they just shut up and do some GOOD developmental work for a change?????

No comments: