Wednesday, March 29, 2006

This one was a dream...

I saw her standing there outside the cafe,
Waiting for someone, so it seemed,
Walk a distance and come back,
Every few minutes or so, she would.
For someone who dressed so simple
So stunning she had her looks
You'd hear the leaves rustle as the wind blew by
But also unmistakenable was the sound of her anklets
You'd see the lights of vehicles as dusk drew close
But more noticeable were the lights dancing in her soft brown eyes
Then, all of a sudden, her friends came over
Her laughter seemed to drown all sound around
She glanced towards me and she smiled
Then just as quickly as they came, they left.

5 comments:

Sweety Maruth said...

Hi Nihal!! This is Sweety..rem me...howz u yaar...yup! nice blog here...yup me too moved over to blogspot...hey added u on my yahoo mesg list..n i wish ur dreams may come true....cya..tc..bye

Anonymous said...

hi nihal,
nice to read your poems. all the best :)

manju

ss said...

All I have to say after reading the poems is that I felt good! And I also found the poem I wanted to keep with me. Will get a print out!
Take care will miss you!

Sweety Maruth said...

come back soon!!!!! missing u :P

jay-adhikari said...

Good poem...
I am from Bengal itself but never really liked Tagore's poem..but after i learned dat this poem is from inspiration of his work..now i am started reading Tagore..
thanx buddy