Friday, March 24, 2006

Wheeeeeeee wheelie!!!!

Well what can I say... was bored sitting at home in da evening... stepped out for a casual ride on da bike. Took a scenic route by the sea.
Met some of the IMS (my maritime alma mater!) guys jogging on the route. Halfway through, I ran out of fuel (trust me not to check the fuel left even though it's in reserve!!!) Couple more of the IMS guys passing by suggested using the choke to try and push off to the nearest petrol bunker.
Used the choke... throttled the accelerator quite a bit. Changed gear and dropped clutch. Unfortunately with the choke on and the accelerator throttled almost all the way... the engine rpm was waaaaaaay too high.
Bike went on a wheelie with me on it and landed with me half over the bike and just waiting to make contact with Mother Earth. Errr... did I say Mother Earth? Sorry I meant our dear ol' roads.
Bruised my knee, few scrapes and bruises here and there. Made contact with the sideview mirror too on my chest... leaving quite an indeligible mark on my tshirt but quite a deligible mark on my skin. (sob!)
All in all... NO broken bones (thank god! dont need any of that with the possibility of having to board my first ship probably next week!). Just a few scrapes and bruises and a bruised ego!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey you alright na? and when are you boarding? Do let me know:)