Monday, March 13, 2006

Weekend workout?

well well, what a weekend! Seminars! eatouts! back-to-back movies! talk about busy days!
FRIDAY:
1200hrs: Decide to go for the seminar "Oil Pollution Prevention - Marine Engineer's Dilemma" by Mr. Gurmeet Singh Ranghar (from Barber Ship Management... seen him before when I was undergoing the course).
1530hrs: Laziness creeps in. Decide to surf the net and check mail.
1600hrs: Utter boredom. Decide to check out the test match between India and England. (Afterthought - NOT WORTH THE EFFORT)
1630hrs: Go online again. Meet an online pal from UK (to be precise- Cardiff, Wales). Meet after a while so convo gets interesting. She's quite a person to chat with.
1700hrs: Conflict. Do I go for the seminar? Do I stay back and chat with her?
1705hrs: Present my dilemma to her. She should be online for a few hours more and may be later too.
1712hrs: Rush to get ready to attend the seminar.
1725hrs: On ma' bike. I'm off for the seminar.
1733hrs: I'm at the venue. Meet some sailing Chief Engineers. Exchange pleasantries. Meet the Deputy Director.
1800hrs: Seminar starts.
1930hrs: Seminar concludes.
1800hrs-1930hrs: Interesting scenarios put forward. Excellent knowledge of the MARPOL rule book displayed by him. Put forward thought-provoking points (he did... not me).
1935hrs: A sir requests a drop to town.
1945hrs: Drop him off and I contemplate hanging around in town. Remember about the possibility of my online pal still being online. Go home.
1950hrs: HOME.
1955hrs: ONLINE.
1957hrs: She's there.
2030hrs: She leaves.
0200hrs: I hit the sack.

Saturday:
Nothing out of the ordinary. Out for a ride on the bike. Back home. Out again on the bike. Meet juniors from the course in town. Chit chat. Talk about this and that. A drink to re-live old times (small one.. 30ml vodka... never hurt a soul). Home. Online. Hit the sack Early.

Sunday:
0800hrs: Wake up.
0930hrs : Leave home.
1100hrs: Pick up pal.
1200hrs: Panjim. INOX. Checking the movies. Take tickets for "Memoirs of a Geisha". 1520hrs show.
1230hrs: CCD opposite the beach.
1345hrs: Lunch at FOODLAND. DRY DAY coz of elections. Pal upset. (Me? naah just had a small yesterday remember???)
1415hrs: SIFY IWAY. Surf the net to check out some mail.
1515hrs: Back at INOX. Take tickets for a malayalam movie "Thanmatra". 1800hrs show.
1520hrs: Movie begins.
1635hrs: INTERVAL. Pal goes out and returns with the news that the movie ends at 1755hrs!
1755hrs: Movie ends. Step out.
1800hrs: Next movie. Bracing for culture shock. From KIMONOS to LUNGIS.
2030hrs: Movie ends.
2115hrs: Drop pal back to hostel.
2120hrs: Back home. Watching cricket match. Australia v/s South Africe. Record score. INCREDIBLE.
2200hrs: Back online.
0245hrs: Hit the sack.

Thus ends my weekend. Memoirs of a Geisha is a damn good movie. Got no words for it. Maybe when I get words for it i'll put up what I think about it.
And today I end up at home feeling all bored. Got find something to do till they give me my call to board the ship man!
PEOPLE! HELP!

1 comment:

Tania Fernandes said...

Hi Nihal. Happened to come across your blog and it makes for interesting reading. Though I must disagree— I thought Memoirs of a Geisha to be quite a let down. The story line was too Bollywood styleish! Not that Bollywood doesn't turn out some good movies, but you know what I mean. I thought the movie's only saving grace were the costumes and the fantastic settings.